MGQ2 66% Partial Patch
So this blog hit 1,000,000 hits earlier and I figured a good way to commemorate it would be to release the patch a day (Or a half-hour anyway) early. As always crashes are possible, so check back here to see if a fix was posted before posting in the comments about it.
If the crash is in italics it means that it is fixed in the currently available patch, listed below in the post. If it’s not in italics, it means it’s still an active crash. So if you see your crash listed, simply re-download the patch and apply it again.
- 2/18 – 12:22am EST – Fixed crash during Undine’s H-Scene.
- 2/18 – 12:30am EST – Fixed crash for Golem Girl evaluation.
- 2/18 – 3:00am EST – Fixed crash with Minccubus’s Sock move.
- 2/18 10:45am EST – Fixed crash with Frederika’s H-scene. Fixed crash in leaving Iliasport.
New Stuff in Addition to the Next 33%
There have been some new things added/changed in the game itself in addition to just the next 33% of the story. Here’s a summary:
- All of Alice’s H-Scene CGs have been modified. They all look a little different, and two of the scenes have more CGs than they did before.
- Erubetie’s CGs modified a little bit. They show a little more.
- Mosquito Girl and Moth Girl have new H-Scene CGs. They look very different than they did before.
- There’s a new skill called “Edging” that brings Luka’s HP down to 1. It’s similar in use as Request and Surrender for seeing various scenes.
- Number display should look more normal.
- The Monster Laboratory compatibility was expanded thanks to TheGreatHeinrich. You can now load English made ones and Japanese made ones without any issues, and you can actually use stop-waits (@ and \ ) when making scenes.
- This patch also includes the Spin Off stories that I originally translated (Minus a couple that I didn’t include) for the v1.10 of MGQ1. You can find them in Extras -> Spin-Off Stories. You need to have Part 1 combined with Part 2 (See instructions below) for all the scenes besides Marco’s to work.
How to acquire the game
http://www.dlsite.com/ecchi-eng/work/=/product_id/RE087736.html . It’s made by a small group that commissions artwork. That means additional sales should lead to more commissions, for a higher quality game! If you aren’t going to buy it anyway, then you should easily be able to find a less legitimate version on your own.
How to Install
Unrar the contents of the .rar to your game directory (It’s the directory that contains mon_que.exe). Overwrite all files it asks to overwrite. Depending on where you downloaded the game itself from, it may have already been pre-patched.
Issues with the Patch
- Saving – Due to the way nScripter handles saving, you can only save at specific points in the game. Only save when you see “Save Location”, and don’t change the comment text. I know you can save it anywhere by crashing the game, but that can corrupt your save file.
- Text Display – During some HP draining moves, the text may not display right.
- Loading old save files. There may be a freeze when loading old saves. If you cannot load your old saves, load your autosave. Choose “Extras -> Auto-Save Data -> Yes”
- I had to disable certain parts of the Monster Laboratory Side-Story creation script in the game since it was interfering with save files. I’ll fix it when Torotoro fixes it, since it’s an issue in the original script as well. It only interferes with battle-making, not normal scene creation.
I crash very quickly at the start of the game!
You need to run the game in Japanese locale. Either set your computer to it, or use a program called Applocale. (Search google for instructions).
The text is all compacted together, and nearly unreadable!
You need East Asian Language packs for the font used in the game. Search Google for East Asian Language Pack for how to install it.
How do I combine Part 1 and Part 2?
To combine Part 1 with Part 2, copy the “arc.nsa” file from your MGQ Part 1 folder. Paste this arc.nsa file into Part 2′s folder, choosing “Yes” to overwrite the current file. ONLY arc.nsa, not any other nsa files. Then launch the game, go to the extra menu, and choose “Part 1 Conversion”.
How do I import my save from Part 1?
Go to your part 1 directory, to the \save folder. Inside this folder, you need to copy “gloval.sav”. Paste this “gloval.sav” file into Part 2′s \save folder. After that, go to the “Extra” menu and choose “Part 1 SaveImport”. It will import the save file and start you on part 2. Do not do this unless you chose to create cleared save data at the end of part 1.
Special thanks to all those who’ve helped by pointing out mistakes and by editing images or hacking the executable (SomeLoliCatgirl, Xilium, Zinny, The guy who sends me comprehensive mistakes via e-mail). Also to TheGreatHeinrich for some of the text fixes and the spin-off story compatibility stuff.
Either post here or send me an e-mail at RogueTranslations@gmail.com .